Thursday, May 21, 2009

4th quarter book review



So this is the book that I have been reading for sooo long. Well the story is that I have been so busy with prom, work, and home life that I almost completely neglected reading, but I love to read =( So the other night I pulled this book back out, and I just had to finish it because it had been sitting in my book case for the longest time half read. The ending shocked me like no other. So I left off with this guy being in jail for faking his death and stilling 91 million dollars from his law firm. Well at the end of the book he walked away a free man! Ok so this dude was living in another country when he was caught, and he had a whole new identity. He also had a beautiful lady who acted as his wife. This guy had enough evidence to prove that the guys that he stole the money from were the true criminals, so they were arrested. When he faked his death he obviously had to use another body, but it turned out that he didn't kill anyone. The guy was already dead! They couldn't charge him with tampering with a grave because he stole the body before they buried the corpse. He paid his wife off so that she wouldn't sue him for lying and leaving her. He also paid the family of the dead guy off. They couldn't charge him for stilling the money because it was a federal matter that was being handled, and had been handled else where. So all they could charge him for was multilating a corpse. crazy right! he walked away with soooooo much money because he planned to be caught. He gave leads to the dudes that were looking for him. Whenever he gave them a lead he got money, so in total he made about 15 million off them plus the interest he gained for housing all that previous cash in the banks. Once he was free, he and his girlfriend arranged to meet. She never showed up! She disappeared, and she was taught how to hide and run by him. She will never be caught unless she wants to be. He doesn't know where his money is because she had control of it all, so now he's BROKE! HAHAHAH

1 comment:

Yvan said...

It's funny because I was going to do my 4th quarter SSR report on this very book. I find it interesting that Patrick had the foresight to have all the documents prepared and ready so that when the time came, he would get off the hook.