Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Cry Cry Baby

Hmmm... I really don't know how to explain exactly what I think when it comes to spanking children. I was spanked when I was a kid and I learned right and wrong real quick. Everyone is different though. Some kids who were spanked turn out to be crazy people who beat everyone and anything. Other people go all emo and hate life as they know it. Then there are some like myself who moved on and learned lessons in our lives.

I'm not saying I promoted making your child bleed when you are done spanking them. That would be extreme. Can you imagine forgetting to do the dishes and getting beaten because of it? Guess you would learn to do the dishes, right? All I know is that when I was a kid and I did something to get spanked, I never did that thing again. I think because children don"t have the mental capacity to understand reasoning with words, using some physical force is the way to teach. In the book Brave New World when they brain wash the babies to not like books or anything else that the world doesn't approve of, they used electric shocks.

Honestly, fear and pain register better then any other emotion in our memory in my opinion. Yes you can recall when you were happy but if someone asked you what your most vivid emotional memory was, I think you would recall a painful one but not admit it out loud. That's what I think anyways.

Well I must sign off now my beloved senior homies =) bye bye

1 comment:

Ashley English said...

In the article Hooks points outs certain figures that has been abused during their childhood, and some has grown into violent people. I think it depends on that person and how their parents discipled them. If their parents physically abused them for no reason or for simple things as Kayla said by forgeting to wash the dishes then I think that is cruel. But if a parent just pops their child on the hand and try to explain to them what they have done to receive that, then maybe they will learn from their mistakes and not grow up to be violent people.