Wednesday, May 13, 2009

I didn’t like the way Bell Hooks used the word abuse, but I came to realize that she was right when she stated that if we saw some one pinching a kid it wouldn’t bother us at all but if we saw a man pinching a woman like that we’d think he’s abusive. I agree with her on that, but I still think that they are way different situations because as adults you can reason with one another , but with a kid they really don’t understand with words until they get older, that’s why parents stop spanking us as we grow up. Bell Hooks said how being hit as a child can affect the way you act as an adult, but I think that it’s not the hitting but the way you were hit that affects you. A spank wouldn’t make someone become violent, but a punch on the face would. I don’t know that’s just what I think…

No comments: