Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Cinderella

I know that we all have read Cinderella once in our life. Or if not read it, then watched it. Recently, Ms. Fletcher had countless Cinderella books in her classroom. I decided to read some of them. You wouldn't expect how many versions there were! There were versions from Eygpt, the Philippines, France, and ect.

They all basically had the same plot. A girl lives with her father and they are happy. Along comes a horrible stepmother and one or two of her daughters. They try to sabotage her relationship ith her father and make her the "maid" of the house. She somehow gets a slipper/shoe/sandal and meets the prince. She leaves her shoe/slipper/sandal behind. The prince looks for her and then finds her. Happily ever after.

My favortie was the Eygptan version. The pictures were amazing, so colorful. They storyline was a little differnt from the original and I just loved it!

1 comment:

Erica Lansang said...

I think its interesting how there are so many versions of the Cinderella story. I like reading all kinds of Cinderella books. There are even Cinderella movies: Disney version, A Cinderella Story, and Cinderella (feat. Brandy). My favorite one is A Cinderella Story because it has a modern twist to it, and I absolutely love Chad Michael Murray! :)