Wednesday, June 3, 2009

SSR Blog

 Or whatever you call it. 
I didn't do enough of these, procrastination is killing me. Thanks senioritis!
Anyways, happy last days of our senior lives, yeah class of 09!

Who has watched True Blood? That show on HBO people liken to Twilight, but more edgy and less.... fairytale-esque. Well, I've read all of those Sookie Stackhouse books and I've blogged about a few of them, but my sister made me take her to the library and in the Charlaine Harris section I found the start of a new series she's writing up and I finished the first book today.

The book is called Grave Sight and ... how do I start this off? The book follows Harper and Tolliver as they travel through the country performing "services" for people. Harper is somewhat of a ... seer? After being struck by lightning in her younger years she's been left with the ability to "read the dead". She can "hear" how a person has died. Every person has a buzz, every body. The older the body the less she can hear it, but it's still there. Tolliver, her "brother", but actually step brother, follows her around as her protector and constant companion. They end up in the town of Sarne for this first book of the series and spend a long time trying to figure out the mystery behind the deaths of Teenie, thought to be killed by her boyfriend Dell, and Dell, thought to be a suicide. It gets majorly messy and Harper almost gets killed a few times. 

I don't like writing this things, I don't want to spoil the book so I feel like I'm writing... one of those catch phrase things on the back of the book--and those are pretty lame.

So anyways..... I don't like it as much as the True Blood series, but for now it'll do.

2 comments:

Koyya said...

Now I am a person who is into those murder books, but it seems to me that this plot is a bit overdone. I have seen many shows, or at least the trailers of shows, that have comeone who can speak to the dead. And because of this a death becomes a murder. I'm glad you found something to use time, but I think I am just going to let you hang onto that.

GioLopez said...

I like books like this one because they involve mysteries. However, I’m not that much of a fanatic of books about “people with psychic powers”. On the other hand, if they involve solving murders cases, I enjoy reading them.