Wednesday, June 24, 2009

I miss you kids

Hey Graduates, I like reading what you write, and Lourella watching Into the Wild with her folks! I went to a big ERWC thing today in LA, and got new binders with updated units and GRAMMAR!

Here I am with my table mates in Daytona Beach -- this was the last day so we were completely bonded and also sort of insane. The guy sitting down was my table leader and he was a hilarious guy...he taught high school in Texas for umpty ump years and just retired. He got his sick leave from all those years in a check, so while we were at the reading, he had a $55,000 payday. No wonder he's smiling!

Anyway, kids...I'll keep this blog up for another year or so...if you ever want to post or stay in touch, I'll pop out here from time to time to see if anyone has written anything new. Be good, study hard, and be a true blue friend to all of the people who love you.

Graduation was one week ago today. I still feel a little discombobulated. Hard to believe that the year is over. I am working on putting your porfolios away -- sorry I didn't get them back to you before the year was out. Come back anytime next year and I'll give it to you. I'm really going to work on getting those back to kids by the end of the year next year. I see so many ways I could have done a better job -- especially today at the ERWC symposium -- but what I like about teaching is that you always get another chance to do better next year.

Love,
Alexandra Faye Fletcher -- most people call me Alex, and if you want to, you certainly can.

No comments: