Thursday, June 4, 2009

Different is not always bad.

First of all, I would like to tell all you seniors and Ms. Fletcher that I’m going to miss you all. Congratulations Class of 09.


Well, I feel that there is a misunderstanding sometimes as to how guys treat girls or women differently and why. I mean I am completely against discriminating women, and I would not like it if I was in that position. Why do I stand against it? Mainly because I have a mother, teachers, former teachers, and a lot of friends, who are women or who are young ladies. I would find it unjust for them to be discriminated against just because of their gender. However, I do find it necessary to treat women differently. Please allow me to explain what I mean by that. I could never talk to a female friend the way I talk to my male buddies, homies, or whatever. It would feel different. I believe girls should be respected. I could never imagine even raising my hand at a girl, it’s like they say in Spanish, “a la mujer no se le toca, ni con el petalo de una flor” which means you don’t touch (hit) a woman even with a flower’s pedal. It’s difficult to change that custom. That’s the way we were raised, or at least the way I was raised. Always respect women. I mean I think many people would agree with me that it’s wrong to see a guy beating a girl, even if she’s his girlfriend, or whatever. That’s what I mean when I say we, guys, can’t treat girls like we treat each other, but we shouldn’t discriminate girls either.

3 comments:

niickbearrr said...

I know what your sayin dude. I can't talk to my football player friends the same as I can with a girl that sits next to me in class. It just wouldn't be right. And I was raised the same way to respect women and not hit them or anything lol!

michelle9940 said...

I see where you are coming from, growing up in a family where I am the only girl, and that is including the extended family, I get stuck sitting in on conversations where my first instincts are to run away covering my ears singing some random song. But to let you and other guys in on, girls have similar conversations. I also agree that guys just shouldn't hit women because I am not afraid to hit back.

-Michelle Herrera

Danielle Briscoe said...

finally someone who respects women...hahaha...jk but some people in third people could learn a lesson from your post!! women should be respected...they deserve the same respect and more than men...well i guess that’s not fair because everyone is equal. But we are the future mothers and wifes we pop out babies and raise up the next generation....we deserve the up most respect... so when you are talking to a women think of that person as someone’s mom or teacher or doctor....would you talk to them that way...i don’t think so...we deserve respect too!!!!