Tuesday, June 2, 2009

A Little Bit Feminist

I am not going to lie, I am a little bit feminist. I believe that women are truly the most powerful creatures on the face of the earth. I believe that women can demand whatever they want, but they choose not to. Unlike men, women do not wish to put others down, they will sacrifice themsselves for others. Not because they are weak, but because they understand their power and do not wish to overpower anyone.
So this whole talk about men taking control of a conversation makes me mad a little. I posted a comment on someone's post, I can't remember who, saying how women are the true rulers of any conversation. If a women really doesn't want something to happen, they will straight out tell you. I do not know one women who would agree to eat out at a place they really do not want to eat at. If they do dance around the topic of where they want to go, it is because they want the other person to feel as if they have a say too, but the dance always comes back to what the woman really wants.
These are just my beliefs. Women really take command, we just do it in the way to make men feel as if they are in charge.

1 comment:

Danielle Briscoe said...

i completely agree with koyya on this. Men think just because women are polite about getting what they want that that makes them weak, sorry that we have manners!!!! i think women just have a nurturing side and want everyone to feel like their opinion is important on the contrary men love to boast about their superiority and rub it in your face!!! women assert themselves all the time to get what they want and if they aren’t assertive they know how to get you to think that what they want was your idea instead of theirs!!