Wednesday, March 25, 2009

All we need is love...right?

That is a great song by the Beatles if you didn't already know that. I'm listening to it as I post :) Chris McCandless aka Alexander Supertramp is not crazy. In fact I don't see anything crazy about him. He marches to the beat of his own drum and I applaud him for doing so. One thing that keeps going on in my mind is that fact that he does hurt people on his journey. Most of us are saying how cruel and mean he is to do something like that to people who loved and cared about him. I'm not saying it is the right thing to do but we have to look at it from his point of view.
Chris had a goal and that goal was to live in Alaska and live off the land with no help from the outside world. It seems funny to me that this rich boy doesn't want anything to do with the money he has but more power to him. I've read farther on the book and I don't want to give anything away but a happy perfect looking family behind closed doors can be just as dysfunctional as the Osbournes. I'll really get into this when everyone has read those chapters though.
Because of what I’ve read I can understand why Chris acted the way he did. I wouldn't have acted as far as he did but he did what he believed was right and what would help him along his journey. Chris didn't want to feel tied down to anything while he was on his journey because he feared if he did let someone too close then his plans would have to be on hold and that is something Chris did not want at all.
~Please everyone read more so I can really really explain what I’m saying...Thanks:)

1 comment:

Koyya said...

Kayla Buono I agree with you. Although you are farther ahead than me, shocker, I do get where both you and him are coming from. There are problem in the family that we do not know about yet. If this kid has a college degree and he believe it is necassarly to live alone, let him. He is smart enough to know what he is doing.