Tuesday, March 31, 2009

The OWL

When I first clicked the link to the "website of the week," I had absolutely no idea what to expect. However, when the page loaded, I found this site quite helpful.

I believe the Purdue Online Writing Lab is a clever tool for writers. The resource links on the website offer a lot of assistance to writers. With one clcik, you can learn the basics: the corrcet MLA format, the correct APA format, creating a thesis, avoiding plagiarism, writing a business letter, and developing a resume. Sometimes, I forget how to do these things, or I'm unsure if I am doing things correctly. With a website like this, I won't have to worry anymore. After bookmarking the page, I will be able to find the answers that i need fast!

Another cool feature of this website is the bright orange button that reads "The Purdue Online Writing Lab." When I clicked on it, a page loaded that gives writers direction on the whole writing process itself. There are numerous links that offer help in various types of writing. There are links for professional and academic writers. In addition, there's specific information for those writers who are in courses like social science or engineering.

I like this website because it answers almost every question that any writer would have. I get amazed with every click because each link is narrowed down, providing a fast and easy way to find answers. I am totally bookmarking this, and so should you!

Thank you, Ms. Fletcher! =]

2 comments:

zaneta bell said...

omg i know. the website is so helpful. it contains things like "the writing process" giving help to those in need of help when writing. "research and citations" showing the proper way to cite papers, excelent for college. it provides a style guide, and grammar and techniques. it can be really helpful with reaeasch papers, essays, persuasive essay-any kind of paper really.

AFletcher said...

You're welcome.