Thursday, March 26, 2009

SSR- The Things We Do For Love

This is my second time writing this…I posted one before but I looked on the blog and it wasn’t there…=(
anyways..

This book is by Kristin Hannah. Random author, I know. I usually don’t read books by people I never heard of, but my mom recommended I read this so I gave it a shot..
This book tells the stories of two different people. Angela is a woman that was raised in a great household with loving parents and two sisters that always looked after her. She grew up to marry a man, and she was the happiest ever. There marriage fell through, however, when they couldn’t have a baby. That is all Angela ever wanted.
Lauren is a seventeen year old that grew up raising herself. She only saw her mom when she came around to take money from Angela for her next drink down at the bar. Lauren is very smart, though, and gets accepted into a very high end school. Her only problem is paying for it.
From the moment Lauren and Angela meet, they connect. Angela asks Lauren to work at their family restaurant and Lauren gladly does so. They grow close together. However, when a certain situation arises, everything changes.
This book is not full of action or extraordinary events. It is very realistic, which is why I think I like it. I recommend this to any girl(boys will get bored..). It is a very heartwarming story that leaves you with a tear in your eye.

No comments: