Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Terrified of a blog?

I don't mind if this does not count towards my grade, but I wanted to say this anyways.

Looking through old entries and reading lots of conflicting ideas, I am terrified to write on this blog. To put an idea out there takes a lot of courage, to have it shot down and have someone try to shove their idea at you is discouraging.

Even in class sometimes, I feel like I cannot say a lot of what I would like to for fear of backlash from other students. It's almost like silence is the only way to keep everyone happy.

I think its worse online however, if you say something "stupid" or "not popular" in class, people can roll their eyes at you, attack you, or whatever, but its only a moment of time, a few minutes. If you forget about it, and move on, chances are no one else will remember. Online people can read things over and over, its a paper trail... (Well... not exactly paper..)

Maybe I'm acting ridiculous, but I just wanted to say I would have a hard time expressing my opinions on a blog. I will comment people however! 

Does anyone else feel this way?!

And on a side note...I do enjoy the book reviews!

7 comments:

TV said...

I haven't posted a new thread yet because I have nothing to say....but I still comment. We're in the same boat for different reasons. If it helps at all, just really think through what you want to say so people can't pick it apart. :)

Nicole Espiritu said...

MICHELLE! I understand you completely! I'm so skeptic about starting my own thread because I always thought my opinions would cause such ridiculous chaos. I guess it's selfish on some parts, but it's still such a scary thought. I've always had bad rep with public posts, so I'm scared of hurting other people's feelings. I guess this is a learning process though.

See? At least you're making the first step.. hahahaha.

Julie Barragan said...

Michelle I know what you mean... I really do. But look at you, by posting this little blog you expressed your opinions and your emotions. People will always attack your thoughts because no one thinks alike. So just try to post something...it isn't that hard.And if people disagree with you, what can you do about it? Just go for it!

Megan Tisdale said...

I totally get where you are coming from...
A lot of times I simply won't say anything. Although here, don't worry about someone not liking what you say. It's their problem to deal with, not yours!
:)

tiffany smith said...

Your funny Michelle,
i think you should just go for it and get your ideas out there. No one is directly attacking anyone, but rather stating an opposing view to the same matter.
I really do understand where your coming from because some of the comments do seems a little harsh. The best way to enjoy yourslef on this blog is to not take anything personal. You have to participate whether you like it or not becasue essentially it is your grade.
Just go for it! Have fun

angie samblotte said...

Your opinions are not going to satisfy everyone. If everyone agreed, or only made supporting comments, it would not be as fun to discuss such controversial topics-or any other ones.

JessaBabyy said...

I completely agree with you, and that is why I have procrastinated on posting or commenting. Usually things like this are anonymous, but everyone knows who you are and you most likely see them everyday, so it makes it really hard to express your opinions. I have never been one to speak my mind, because it makes you more vulnerable, and that is always scary to me.

thanks for posting this :)