Friday, March 6, 2009

The City of Angels

I like to think that we're fortunate to live in California, a place that lends itself to a massive amount of diversity of all kinds. LA of course is probably the center of all this diversity. It's also no secret that I'm really big into photography, so when I came across this photographer and his latest work entitled "Walkabout", I was immediately pulled right into every piece he did. You should take a look at the photos. Each one portrays a lively mood that I think is endearing of Southern Californians. This little piece is close to my heart because I lived in East Los Angeles for awhile.
"Walkabout" by Mathieu Young

3 comments:

Julie Barragan said...

Yvan those are great pictures. You are so right about the diversity thing. I think it's cool that here in Los Angeles we see people with all different kinds of style and we are so accepting. And that is how we should all be...accepting of eachother.

AFletcher said...

I love LA for the same reasons. Yeah, it's crowded and sometimes annoying to live in such a big place, but really, I love it here. I especially like the monk with the Starbucks Frappacino. It looks like he probably went ahead and got the whipped cream, too.

Koyya said...

That sounds like great advice because I truly appreciate photography and I love Los Angeles. I have always found it so intriging how Los Angeles is set up. Within this vast city you can find every sort of person in a place that is so ugly, yet so beautiful. I am going to have to grab a copy of this book and see what it is you are talking about.