Thursday, March 5, 2009

I Never Realized

This past weekend, my sister and I decided to spend some quality time together away from my wicked brother and his annoying cronies. We decided to go to the Long Beach Town Centre and to just look around, hoping something would catch our eyes.
We went store to store, not really satisfy with what we had found until I remembered the real reason I loved the Long Beach Town Centre- the Barnes and Nobles Book store. So my sister and I proceeded to go into the store. My sister, Michelle and I can spend about three hours in a book store and not be bored. My sister and I also have two totally different tastes in books. She prefers Nicholas Sparks and Classics, while I prefer to just hang around the cooking area and the young adults.
So there I was, standing in the two aisles of young adult books, my eyes browsing the books. I couldn't find a single book that interested me! I never realized up until this point just how picky of a reader and book buyer I am. I felt rather depressed when I only found two books. I continued around the store, carrying my unusually light load. I kept looking and found nothing.
Please help me feel better and tell me that someone has gone through this same thing.
Also, any recommendations would be very appreciated!
Ms. Fletcher- what would you think about our classes have a book exchange? If someone was done with a book and wanted to trade it with someone else...

4 comments:

Yvan said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Yvan said...

I like the book exchange idea a lot Megan. We should do it Ms. Fletcher!

AFletcher said...

I like this idea, too! Would we all bring in a book and swap them around? Would we wrap them? How do you propose we do this?

Megan Tisdale said...

I don't think we should wrap them.
Here's an example:
Yvan has his book, Catch-22. He has finished it and wants to read something new. I have a book that I too have just finished and want to exchange. So the two of us would exchange books and then carry on like that.