Wednesday, March 18, 2009

I Know How He Feels

I have at times wanted to do exactly what Chris did. I want to move somewhere where no one knows who I am and truthfully, who I am doesn't matter. I too, have wanted to just completely ignore my parent's very existance. If you have never felt that way, either you don't have both parents and are grateful for what you have or you are lying to yourself. Everyone at one point or another has wanted to just divorce their parents and just run away. That was what Chris did- he ran away from a life he didn't want. I know that feeling so well because it is the thought that runs through my mind every few hours. I could just get up and run away from the life I have and never turn back and live the most simplistic life where I don't have to worry about phone bills, loved ones dying, what label my clothes have on them, etc. I don't have to worry about the disappointment I feel when I look into my parent's eyes because I know I'm not good enough. He did the right thing- taking the road his parents wanted him to take and then flipping a u-turn and heading down his hidden path. I don't think he's dumb, stupid or crazy. I think he was trying to figure out who he was and how far he could push himself. Did he make mistakes? Of course. I'm not saying let's all go on his great adventure. I'm saying don't be statisified with what is in front of you, sometimes things on the side are what is right for you. That is what Chris did- he took the road that he felt was his to create.
Tiffany, you mentioned that he takes ideas from others- that is not himself being incapable of thinking for himself- it's him taking his knowledge and interepreting it his way. It's what we all do- take advice and knowledge from others and put it to our own use.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Wow Megan you have alot of guts for putting yourself out there like that. I understand what youre talking about and I think that you are right. A vast majority of people know what that feeling is like and if you don't you shouldn't judge people so harshly on something you now nothing about. It isnt fair to do that to someone and not give them the benifit of the doubt...but any way I respect you alot for putting yourself out there. You're amazing!!!

Megan Tisdale said...

Thank you Anissa. I was afarid that I rambled a bit, but obiviously my point was made.