Monday, March 30, 2009

Chris is Kool

I don't think its weird that Chris likes to go out and explore and stuff. I mean I personally am a person who likes nature as well. Although I definetly wouldn't leave everyone and everything behind, I do like to sometimes go fishing, or go camping or something. Chris wanting to leave everything behind is perfectly normal to me. Just think about it. As a teenager in a middle class family, I don't have enough money to just buy whatever I want. And - wouldn't have played football if I thought my college was going to be free. Therefore I work hard and do things that will help me be successful. And being successful to a person like me is being wealthy..lots of money, but after lots of money, there's not much else to work for. Now if I were born with money, then being successful would mean nothing to me. I would already have what I've worked for. Therefore, Chris had perfect reason to burn his money and start a new life. "TO BE NORMAL"

3 comments:

Julie Barragan said...

Look Never Wrong, you have a point to a certain extent. Yeah as "normal" teens we want to get away and just take a breather once awhile. Get away from our parents that constantly breath down our backs and teachers that dont stop assigning more work and the list goes on. And sure Chris could have this opportunity, but remember he was no longer a teen, he was a man that knows right from wrong and knows that one must take responsibility. And being rich doesnt mean that you should not care about going to school or working. And it doesnt seem like Chris had the amount of money as Bill Gates so he knew he couldnt live off of his parents for life, thats why he did go to school. Yeah it is cool that he decided to just take some time off, but I do think he would have eventually gone back to the real world. He would have started working just like the most of us will do for the rest of our lives.

JimmyOhiri said...

For some reason I feel that this person was in my mind when they wrote this blog. I just think the problem with Chris McCandless idea of exploring the worlds natural beauty is that he shouldn't throw away what other people have worked so hard for him to have. I'm just saying why wouldn't Chris explore his fascination's during a summer vacation or just take a year off from school to just get away, don't just victimize your parents because of your own self desires. I think Chris could have gained the same experience if he would have done this in difference fazes of his life so he could still respect the environment his parents by letting them know that he still alive.
EMBARRASSING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sam said...

Hmm I really like your point of view. That Chris had good reason to go out into the world alone leaving everything behind. I would not personally do it because I don't think I would survive long. But it does seem true that those born into wealthy families don't have much to work for, life is fufilled already so you can sit back and watch it go by. I have also had to work hard for what I want growing up in a middle class family. I have had to work hard for my grades and swim hard for over half of my life just to get me into college and after that it is my career and working hard at that.
I don't think Chris has the much common sense for what he did, but looking into your opinion, I can see why he would just leave everything behind and go out on his own.