Monday, March 16, 2009

I was thinking about how during our discussions some people think that Chris or Alex was an idiot to do what he did. I don't think that he was an idiot, I think that he was smarter then alot of people. I understand that he died and so the point he was trying to prove is meaningless now. But I don't think that when he set out to live in the wild, he was trying to make a point. He just went out there to make a life for himself that he was happy with. He was tired of living a life of rules and structure and he just wanted to get away and be happy. I think that he was smarter then the rest of us because he followed his heart and lived his dream, if only for a while. He set out and did what most of us are afraid to do, he lived his life, followed his dreams and was truly happy. Yea it ended badly and he did die but he died happy, that's the way I want to go when I do die. I'm not trying to shoot down what anyone thinks, please don't take this that way, I just wanted to get my thoughts out there I guess.

1 comment:

Neftali Castaneda said...

i really liked what you said in your blog. i agree with what you said about alex supertramp doing what he did for his own happiness. and like you said, people might get all upset and think that its ridiculous that he became famous from his own stupidity. but NO. i think that he did this for himself and only himself. obviously his family knew that he was out there and he wrote stuff in his journal, but he did not do this for popularity, but for his own happiness. i agree with you. and like you said, he was happy and you want to be like that too. so i believe that each one of us should do the same, probably not go out there "into the wild", but just follow your dreams. we are all so used to going with the current, but its okay....we can be like salmon at times:) we have to follow our dreams, even if that means that we have to go against what everyone thinks is "normal" or "ok".