Friday, March 27, 2009

Delicious :)

I just quickly skimmed over Fletcher's Website of the Week- Delicious. I must say that it is not what I expected. I know that Fletcher described it as a place where you can share your bookmarked site, but I was under the impression that there would be many "common" sites, oh but was I wrong.

When I first got onto the site I thought I would see bookmarks like "Yahoo", "Google", "Twitter", and "Myspace". I did not see not one of these sites. Instead I found sites on intellectual sites. Educational sites. These are sites that will help you. It is moe like asking a group of people in your , lets say, physics class on a good website, rather that asking a friend what a good website is.

I did however I did see a classic. YouTube. But this was a bookmark of YouTube's smarter olders sister (or brother). The tags for YouTube were not "funny" or "dance moves", instead they were "educational", "institutions", and "teaching". I was pleasant surprised.

I also found this handy little button that said "random bookmark" and it took me to a website that frankly I knew very little about, so you know it educational. I am glad I have stumbled over this site because in my college years I believe that I will be bookmarking like crazy.

1 comment:

zaneta bell said...

this comment is on reguards to your comment to my ssr book. yeah it is really interesting with the historic events but some of it is kind of slow. like into the wild when they were talking about all those people in chapters9-11. but yea i ould recommend the book. it really makes you think about yourself and how you treat other poeple. at leats it made me. how we judge so many people before we know them, or even speak to them. i think alot of poeple are misunderstood that way. and the books justs spills that out all over the pages.