Monday, March 30, 2009

If you have a case of Reading ADD...

When it comes to reading books, sometimes we just can't focus. So if you suffer from Reading ADD I have a book for you! It is called How We Are Hungry by Dave Eggers. It's a book filled with a bunch of short stories most of them only one or two pages long. Each story has its own message and characters basically each one is special. I don't really like to summarize things because I'm scared to ruin the stories but I really recommend this book. The way Eggers writes is so mind-boggling and descriptive. His words just make his stories come to life. What is really cool about this book is that you don't have to remember what the stories before said to understand the next one. You don't even have to read it cover to cover. Some of them, I’ll admit, are not really appropriate but that's okay you'll get over it. Two of them I believe have sexual content one more uhm descriptive then the other so if you get offended by that kind of stuff don't even bother reading "Quiet" or "The Only Meaning of the Oil-Wet Water," the second being my favorite! This book has a very wide variety of stories which hold your attention and don't bore you with insignificant details. Eggers describes just enough without over doing it and getting straight to the point. As you can tell I'm a huge fan of this guy and I don't really know what else to say but this: READ THIS BOOK! I'm just kidding but seriously you should give it a shot. I volunteered it for Yvan's amazing idea of the book exchange just don't steal those books...that's really messed up. Well I'm rambling now so yea check out this book its really awesome.

2 comments:

Julie Barragan said...

Hey this sounds like a good book. I'm in the middle of one book and it starts to drone on and on. Dont get me wrong the plot is great, but sometimes it goes on and on and I just want to know what happens. So thanks for putting this up because I might just give it a shot.

PJ said...

hey i'm liking the sound of this book! sometimes when i'm reading i'm just like ugh i'm over it but this book sounds great. i love to read short stories so i will check this book out for sure! [: