Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Be Brave Be True

Kids, I like it that you are starting to risk discussion out here, so let's make a few points absolutely clear. We challenge ideas; we do not attack each other. All ideas are worth discussing, but some ideas are more legitimate than others -- they are based in the text and in what we know about human beings. We never bang on one another here. This is a class discussion, and the rules of class discussion apply here as well: respect for ideas, willingness to engage with people we do not agree with, respect and admiration for one another. All of you who have posted: I am really proud of you, and I have noted your good work in my book...

1 comment:

Nicole Espiritu said...

I'm all for this group blogging thing and it's such a neat idea, but I was just wondering if we are graded by participation in this blog in any way..?