Monday, April 6, 2009

Black Panther

The Black Panther party is known for its notorious and vicious demonstrations out in the Bay Area. A lot of people called them radical or extremist in the way they fought for their civil rights. But what some people don't understand is that this organization was run by a man named Huey P. Newton, who had an idea of using the law to its own advantage and fighting civil rights with aggression but organization. He had a ten point plan which describe the whole purpose of the party and all its values. I think this organization gets a bad rep because they walked around with guns had serious run ins with the police. I just believe you can't judge a book by its cover

3 comments:

AFletcher said...

Every time I see the Black Panthers now, I think of Forrest, Forrest Gump, who punches Jenny's abusive, politically radical boyfriend in the face at a Black Panther meeting...as Forrest is being ushered out, he tells this tough looking dude in a black beret, "I'm sorry I spoiled your Black Panther party."

Lourella Mendoza said...

I just saw Forrest Gump today. I love that movie.

Nev3r Wr0ng said...

Yup, this is the book that my mom says she thinks I can relate to. I told her to buy it for me and I tried to find a movie for it. The name attracts attention, but I don't know anything about it. Would anyone else recommend that I read it?