Monday, April 6, 2009

My superawesomeamazing Into The Wild post

I will just come out and say it, "I like this book, so thank you Ms. Fletcher." :)

At least from what I have noticed, our class is mainly divided up into two opinions; those who think of McCandless as being selfish and quite stupid or ignorant for what he did and those who see him in that group of select few who have an inner desire to push the limits on what they do. I on the other hand have decided to stray from both of those ideas, at least in part. Let me explain: I do think Chris McCandless is selfish for what he did to his family, in the way that he left them, but I also must think he is party to that select few for how he followed his "calling." Now, what finishes summing up my opinion may or may not startle you; it could be possible that on top of him being slefish and courageous he has some sort of chemical imbalance in his brain, meaning that he has a mental problem. It would not be a stretch to consider that opinion, and yes i know there is quite a bit of evidence suggesting that there isn't but there is also some evidence suggesting that there is; his childish actitude to some things and the reverse adult actitude to others, also the way his mood changes and how hard he contemplates certain things.

Of course I cannot say for certain, but for the past few days I have been looking into it and talking to a few phsychologists so soon I will have an average opinion and give all of you a final answer based on the information I find.

2 comments:

Destinee J. said...

I completely agree with you. The first time I had an itch that maybe he wasn't all there was when Westerberg made the comment about his lack of common sense. "Alex wasn't a total space cadet or anything, don't get me wrong. But there was gaps in his thinking." 63) There's proof.

I've never really thought someone can be incredibly smart and a little on the not so smart side at the same time. But McCandless has created that category for me.

Berto Cuh said...

haha! That's exactly what I think and as soon as I get enough information, how I put in the post, I will put it up so everyone can read it. And thank you, that line on page 63 just furthers my claim!