Monday, April 6, 2009

Don't make excuses for your brother Carine

How can Carine not feel hurt by the fact that her brother never tried to contact her? I don't believe that their relationship was as strong as the book portrayed it to be. My sisters and I have a stronger bond than anything else in this world and if any one of them were to ever wonder off without letting me know how they're doing, I would be so upset and hurt. I believe that Carine is making excuses when she says that she understands why Chris never sent her any mail and that she was not hurt. When we lose someone special, we make up excuses and senarios to make conclusions that never emerged beacause of the death to make ourselves feel at peace because we all feel better when we know why things happened the way they did. So, let me know, do you believe that Carine is making excuses to make herself feel better about the situation?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I totally agree with you, it doesn't add up how Carine is simply okay with her brother's abrupt absence. And yeah I think that Carine is making excuses.

angie samblotte said...

this is what i thought at first, especially when we were watching the movie. but then i remembered, chris is really different. maybe that's why she was just accepting the reasons why chris left. she just understood him because they were so close.