Monday, April 6, 2009

INTO DISAPPEARANCE

I THINK THAT  CHRIS MCCANDLESS IS A GUY WHO DID NOT KNOW HOW TO CONTROL THE WAY HE WAS FEELING.SO HE RAN OFF AND CREATED A NEW LIFE,NOT CONSIDERING HOW IT WOULD AFFECT HIS FAMILY AND FRIENDS. I KNOW THAT THERE ARE TIMES IN EVERYONES LIFE WHEN YOU JUST WANT TO GET AWAY AND DETACH YOURSELF FROM EVERYONE AROUND YOU, BUT HE TOOK IT TO THE EXTREME. THE BOOK MENTIONS HOW HE USE TO TAKE TRIPS AND JUST GO AWAY, BUT AT LEAST HE HAD SOME SENSE TO INFORM HIS PARENTS THAT HE WAS LEAVING. TO JUST LEAVE WITHOUT SAYING ANYTHING TO ANYONE, I COULD NEVER SEE MYSELF DOING THAT BUT THEN AGAIN I DONT THINK ANY OF CHRIS' DECISIONS WOULD EVER EVEN POP INTO MY HEAD. HE GIVES HIS MONEY AWAY TO A FOUNDATION, WHICH IS REALLY NICE BUT IN MY OPINION HE WAS STUPID AND TOOK EVERYTHING THAT HIS PARENTS WORKED TO GIVE HIM FOR GRANTED. EVEN WHEN HIS PARENTS TRIED TO HELP HIM AND REACH OUT BEFORE HE LEFT FOR GOOD HE CALLED THEM NAMES AND TOOK THEIR GOOD DEEDS AND MADE THEM SEEM SO NEGATIVE. WELL I REALLY DONT KNOW THIS IS JUST HOW I FEEL AT THIS MOMENT IN TIME, MAYBE ONCE I FINISH READING THE BOOK MY OPINION ON CHRIS OR ALEX WILL CHANGE.

3 comments:

Berto Cuh said...

Would you ever consider that he is has a higher calling in life and a mundane life would hold him back? Maybe he left because he had an addiction to adventure and could not wait for it any longer, no matter what the cost.

Kayla Wilson said...

I don't necessarily agree with the !st comment. I think that Chris McCandless was just kinda selfish & resentful toward his parents& just thought about himself and that is the reason he didn't tell his parent about his journey.

Erica Lansang said...

I don't agree with every decision that Chris makes and at times, I do think he's crazy. However, I think that he people tend to find their sense of adventure differently. Even though, I wouldn't do the things Chris does, I admire his guts. I think he just wanted independence from everything -society, family, etc. -so that's why he went into the wild. He isn't selfish, just a risk taker. He's a go-getter who does whatever it takes to satisfy his needs. INDEPENDENT.