Monday, April 6, 2009

TWILIGHT ;; DON'T KNOCK IT TILL YOU TRY IT ;]

The book that has had my attention during the majority of our classroom SSR days is Twilight, written by Stephenie Meyer. How cliche right?? WRONG! Okay so at first, I had major doubts about Twilight. I thought that the whole "Twilight Scene" was over-rated and that all the people who read it [aka: Twlighters], were completely crazy. I saw the movie, and for some odd reason it caught my attention, so I decided to read the book. I have came to the conclusion that the book is pretty good. The way Stephenie Meyer writes, is so easy to read but still complex. This book is filled with 498 pages of mind blowing text along with a preface at the beginning and end of the book.

For those of you who may not know what Twilight is about, let me just tell you the basics.

BELLA- Hi, I'm Bella, and I'm an idiot, so I decided to move to Forks, Washington. There's too much green here. I'm really klutzy, did you know that? I also faint when I see blood.
Oooh, who's that? OMG, he's gorgeous. His name is Edward. It's not like I stalk him or anything, really. It's just that he's perfect, beautiful, amazing, breathtaking, and gorgeous, and also my favorite stone depends on the color of his eyes at any given moment.
And when it snows, the snow looks like the end of a Qtip. Snow isn't supposed to look like a Qtip, damn it! It wasn't so cold and rainy back in Arizona.

EDWARD- I'm Edward.

BELLA- Hi Edward! (to herself) OMG, two boys just asked me to the dance? What should I do? No! I can't go to the dance! OMG, why isn't Edward in school?
JACOB- Probably because he's a vampire.
BELLA (to Edward)- OMG, Edward, you're a vampire.
EDWARD- Yes. And you smell amazing. I can't keep myself away from you. The smell of your blood is delicious.
BELLA- Make me a vampire, Edward. Because if you don't make me a vampire, then one day, I'll die, and I won't be near you.
EDWARD- But I don't want to hurt you.
BELLA- (whining) But I don't caaaaaaaare!
EDWARD- Hey, look at my skin sparkle in the sun!
BELLA- OMG, that is so cool. Edward, I love you.
EDWARD- I know. And I keep saving your life. Plus I can read minds.
BELLA- That is so cool!
EDWARD- But I can't read your mind. I don't know why.
BELLA- How can I become a vampire?
EDWARD- I'm not telling you. Hey, wanna play vampire baseball?
BELLA- Yes!
EDWARD- FYI, we have to wait for a thunderstorm.
BELLA- That's so cool. Edward, I don't care if it hurts, I just want to be a vampire, because I am obsessively in love with you.

that's basically what the story's about without any plot spoilers because Ms. Fletcher said not to include them :] But yes, that's my sarcastic summary of the book. The only bad thing about thiss book is that nothing really goes on for the first 200 pages or so, and the word "Vampire" is not even mentioned until later in the book. But overall, the book is really addicting.

Okay thank you.

[don't hate on my book review, thanks]

-Melanie Morris

3 comments:

Kellie Graham said...

haha okay, i decided to read Twilight to see what all of the hype was about too. I was VERY surprised - and i actually winded up liking it. The writing is very good and who doesn't like novels that come in a series? I mean, it gives you a reason to continue reading. Although I'm not some obsessive fan (i actually hated the movie)i think people should try it before they knock it. AND EVEN THOUGH YOU HATE IT FLETCHER, AT LEAST WE'RE READING :]

KaylaBuono said...

hahahaha oh love that was soo funny! I just want to point out O did not jump on the band wagon like all these other crazy people did- like the girls who cry and or fint when they see Robert Pattinson- I really like the whole story line and I'm glad people are reading it. It's a well written piece of literature and it should be shared with everyone.

Unknown said...

hahah well i'm glad everybody likes my post ;] i was sort of nervous when i was writing it because of the fact it was so sarcastically written. & yes kayla it is a great book, even though it seems that bella is whining & complaining throughout the whole book. & kellie yeah the movie was disappointing now that i have read the book. the movie didn't give the text much justice.