Monday, April 6, 2009

Feed the Starving by your Vocabulary Skills!

Freerice.com is a non-profit website devoted to feeding the hungry by donating 10 grains of rice for every vocabulary question you get right. By going on this website, I learned that “25,000 people die each day from hunger or hunger-related causes.” It seems so surreal to us Americans that people could actually die of starvation. We are living in a country where even the poorest of people have access to food. Sponsors are kind enough to donate the rice to the starving people around the world, most of which are children.

I made more than 400 grains of rice! How much can you get??

1 comment:

Berto Cuh said...

I made over 400 too!!! I think it is horrible how people all over the world are dying of huger. I'm glad that a website like that exists. And please don't just fight one cause, there are so many things that need fixing up on this earth. Like my dad says, "It's the only one you've got, so don't ruin it."