Monday, April 6, 2009

Wild Man Alex

As the book progresses I'm beginning to like this guy a bit  more and more.  That seems a bit weird tho because I think it's the opposite with everyone else.  I think I admire his courage.  It take a whole lot of that to decide to throw away all you have, (which wasn't a small amount) and go out to find adventure and truth.  I think we should all find our own version of truth as he did.  It seems like everyone who met him so far says that he was a good person all around.  Who knows if they're simply saying this because he's dead or  if it was true, but if it is honest truth than obviously, this country would be a better place if more people would seek their own truths as he did; instead of being corrupted and folded in by the pressure of riches. But maybe that's just how I see things. 

Let's all find the Alex in us.  [corny? I think not.]

3 comments:

Danielle Briscoe said...

i have to agree with you... he did have alot of courage to go off into the wild. the only thing is how much was courage and how much was just stupidity. i did begin to develop pity for him. he didnt set out to go die in the wilderness. he was willing to turn his back on society and swimm in the opposite direction of evryone else. that was courageous.

Nev3r Wr0ng said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Nev3r Wr0ng said...

Yeah I agree, Briscoe and Brandon, to a certain extent. I mean yeah he did want to see the truth, but there are ways to do that. He could have done it and kept a cell phone or something to keep in contact. I though he was bright to, but after all that, he poisined himself, ....W0w... not as bright as I thought.