Monday, April 6, 2009

Just my opinion?

So this is my first blog and i kind of like this way of discussion. My opinion on Chris McCandless is quite different compared to others. I don't think he is some kind of weirdo, i mean yeah i would never be able to hand over 25,000 dollars in savings to charity, abandone my car, burn all my cash, and go alone on a journey to alaska. Many people do this and ten times more extreme. I actually think he had it better than others who do this. People who want a sense of thrill and want excitment like this normally go with nothing at all and live with there hands and feet and their knowledge to make it. I wonder if he went into this journey for a new life with the mind set that he was probably going to die, did he think he was going to get all he could get and go back home?

If i could say anything i would say i much rather perfer to read Into thin Air, by Jon Krakauer than Into the Wild because I feel that Into thin Air is some much more of a challenge what the man did in that book i just find it exhillarating that people can live in the mountains where its freezing, dangerous, and so hard to breathe. The real excitment is unlike McCandless having no goal and just wanting to live the man in Into thin Air his goal was to reach the top of that mountains peek,no matter what. If he died he wouldn't care as long as he reached his life time goal. Thats just my opinion.

1 comment:

isabell said...

I didn't believe McCandless was a wierdo also, but at times during class discussions it was hard to defend him not being crazy.There were things Krakauer mentioned in the book that I would never do like working for money that i would never end up using, but McCandless did write in his journal alot of wise beliefs that kept me thinking about myself.