Monday, April 6, 2009

soo confused!!

By reading the book into the wild and reading people' s blogs it has left me some what confused. in the beggining i really didnt like chris. i didnt understand how such a privaleged boy would just want to leave everything behind and go into the wild. it really made me upset. i was reading other blogs and i had realized that other people felt the same way. but there was also people who felt differently and when i read more blogs i started to realize that what he did was brave. he went out on a crazy adventure that made him happy. he did what he thought was best for him and unfortunatley he lost his life becasue of it. Julia crook's blog showed how chris was a hero and by reading her blog it made me understand chris in a different way. it kind of made me less mad but at the same time it left me confused on him. as i am in chapter 14 now i kind of cant wait to finish this book becase i am confused on what is going on. the different stories inside this one big story and going back in forth in time has got me kind of lost. this book isnt a horrible book its just not something i really would suggest or would want to read again.

1 comment:

Nicole Espiritu said...

I think I know where you're getting. Although, the decision for whether or not McCandless is a respectable person or not, that does not make him that much of an interesting character. The way the book is designed in an unlinear fashion also turns me off to enjoy or read the book over again. I wouldn't be able to tell if Krakauer is being an biased biographer because I find McCandless to not be very respectable person through the book. However, if I think outside the box and try to put myself in the situation, I understand him a lot more and become less judgmental towards McCandless's actions.