Monday, April 6, 2009

into the wild

well im not really sure how i feel about Alexander Supertramp...in some ways i feel "alexander supertramp" is someone to admire. i feel this way because he wasnt afraid to stand up for what he believes and he is not just one of those people that talks about how messed up society is...he did something about it..for himself anyway and that counts for something....but on the other side of things i feel he is a selfish and arrogant...hes selfish because he left people that he loved behind and didnt even give them a chance to say goodbye or write. he also hurt a lot of people that helped him like that old man...he arrogant because he went into Alaska thinking he could survive with some rice and a small gun....i guess the dude was just misinformed!

2 comments:

michelle navarro said...

I agree with you because I am not sure how I feel about "alexander supertramp" neither. I think he is a very brave and confident guy because he believed in himself and did what he wanted to do, but I think he should have informed his family about the fact that he was leaving and pretty much not ever coming back. In a way I feel that he did the right thing by leaving and doing what he thought was right, but then again I don't think he should have just left without telling anyone. I guess he didn't realize he would hurt his loved ones.

Erica Lansang said...

I understand exactly what you mean. Sometimes, I feel the same way. However, admire him more than anything. Someone that can be so independent and free, that's amazing. In addition, I think he left everyone to find himself. He wanted to get his own sense of independence and adventure. If it took leaving the ones he loved, then so be it. He's just a go-getter. He goes after what he wants. It may come off as arrogant at times, I agree. Perhaps, being a little arrogant isn't so bad. Why let others get in the way of the things you want?