Monday, April 6, 2009

Twilight SSR

So basically this book is awesome! It's called twilight, which I am sure most of you have heard of, it consists of 498 pages and the author is Stephenie Meyer. This book is great especially if you are interested in adventure and ficticious types of books. It is about a girl named Bella who moves to a new state with her dad and is the new kid at school. She instantly is attracted to the other main character, Edward Cullen, who happens to be a vampire. She meets his family and this is the start of her being stuck in the family forever and not being able to spill their secret. They both fall madly in love and can't live with out each other. The problem is that Edward is a vampire and has to control himself around her or things can get ugly. This is all I am going to say about Twilight so I don't spoil any of the good stuff.
The book is targeted at young adults but it is so nicely written that it can definitely hook any and all ages. Stephanie Meyer is a great author and describes every seen so well you can not only picture what is happening but you feel like you are there in the story sometimes. I know the book is pretty long but don't let it discourage you because you will fly through the book without even knowing it. I personally am not a big reader so I know how a book can drag you along with it, but this book is different. Just give it a chance and you might be surprised like
I was. I thought I would never hear myself say this but the BOOK IS ACTUALLY BETTER THAN THE MOVIE!

5 comments:

michelle navarro said...

I read this book too and I thought it was a very interesting book! I agree with you Brooke. I really liked the book more than I liked the movie because I had a different imagination about how the characters looked and the book was more detailed.

MELANiQUA said...

yess !! the book is WAY better then the movie.

Lourella Mendoza said...

I'm guilty. I have read Twilight and the Twilight saga series as well. (I'm currently on the last book.) In my opinion, I didn't want them to make a movie out of this so called "addicting" book. Like Michelle said, the book is better because the reader is able to imagine how the characters looked by the description of their personalities. Although reading and watching Twilight because I'm able to compare and contrast the good parts the movie made as well as the bad.

As usual the book is absolutely better than the movie. What movie is better than the book anyways?

Erica Lansang said...

Oh my gosh, when I saw the title "Twilight," I got so excited! I love this book! I think the book is SO much better than the movie. This is common for books that become movies because we have our own definition of what the movie should be as we let our imagination do its job. While reading, I created my own version of Twilight. I guess that's why the movie was no match for the book. In addition, the book is filled with way more detail than the movie. With so much detail, our imagination can go wild. The movie is not the same because there's a time limit. All in all, I loved both. The book is breathtaking. Although, the movie wasn't as good as the book, you have to admit it was pretty amazing. Especially because Rob Pattinson is in it! :]

KaylaBuono said...

TWILIGHT CRACKIN YO!!!! hahaha i'm not looking to get credit for this comment I just wanted to agree with you. oh and hands down... the BOOK kicks the MOVIE's BUtt!!!!