Monday, April 6, 2009

Looking For Alaska

Ohkay so when the year first started I couldn't gain ANY interest in ANY books for SSR. haha. I suppose I wasn't really trying but that's not the point.  The point is I found one!!! You guys might remember when we went to the library to look at some books and listen to one of the librarians and Ms Fletcher talk about some of them. (by the way.... doesn't it seem like ms fletcher has read every book every created?) That day I checked out this book called "Looking for Alaska". I must say... it is a GREAT book. Basically it's about this guy who wants to find adventure in a boarding school, where he meets this girl Alaska.  It gets waaaay deeper but I don't want to give it away, and I'm not exactly an expert on book reviews, but it's easily a 5/5 book.  I read that it's in the making of becoming a movie as well.  So that should be swell.  Now that I'm done with that though I could go for another 5/5 book. So classmates I would like some suggestions and maybe a small review like mine, because right now I'm reading into the wild every monday and that will be over soon.

1 comment:

Erica Lansang said...

This sounds like an interesting book. A novel that intertwines both love and adventure? Hmm, I would like to read about that. I never knew what boarding school really was, so maybe I could get an idea of it by reading this book. In addition, I like to read about falling in love, so thanks for the recommendation, Brandon!